Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hiatus...

A very big hello! I'm sorry for the big hiatus, I can't believe it's been almost TWO months since I've posted anything here!

I've just been on a two week trip to NZ's South Island, went promptly back to work the day after I arrived home, and had a minor car accident on my way home that very day. Then on top of that, I've now got the worst head cold ever.

Photographically speaking, my dilemma now is that I need another new external hard drive! I've run out of memory space from all the photos I've taken in NZ!! I can't even do any photo editing yet until I've acquired more memory! I'll get back into editing when my head is much less foggy!

For the time being though, here's a sneak peak of a couple of shots from NZ...

Swimming with Dusky Dolphins in Kaikoura was one of the highlights!

IMG_0381

IMG_3718

A Kea. Aka Kaka!

There were two of these cheeky buggers just in the car park at the other end of Homer's Tunnel on our way back to Te Anau from Milford Sound. The only other place we saw these parrots (who have the intelligence of a monkey) was at the Kiwi Park in Queenstown, in captivity. I'd been praying to see some in the wild before our time was up in the Land of the Long White Cloud. These birds are destructive and will rip parts off cars! I guess it pays to have added insurance on your rental car if you're a tourist in NZ!


IMG_4396

On our way to Lake Tekapo on a crystal clear Autumn's day, we were at Lake Pukaki, admiring the magnificent view of Mt Cook. Totally breathtaking.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Photos of NZ. Well done Clem. I really want to go to NZ now after seeing all the beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!!! Not much more to say... you can't beat God at making superbly extraordinary things. What a show he put on for you that day. (Btw, it's Lisa)

    ReplyDelete