Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Swans, their cygnets, tree climbing, and a lake. Swan Lake?

I had the awesome privilege of photographing the Swans yesterday. We all had a barrel of laughs and a whole heap of fun. The love this family have for each other just makes me melt, and the nurturing nature of Annabelle for her little sister is just amazing to watch. She said to me last night after dinner, "It's too bad I've only got one sister."

"How many would you like?" I asked her.

"A thousand!" was her answer!

I love this family. I had the awesome privilege of meeting them in a church in Santiago, Chile, (of all places!!!) when Adelaide the 16 month old was the size of a jellybean! They invited me home for lunch; we all got along like long lost friends (because I'd brought my Aussie accent with me to Chile!); their Ecuadorian neighbour came over with chocolate from the Amazon, made us all hot chocolate to drink, and we've been firm friends ever since!

I'm going to miss you all SOOOOOOO much when you head back to Chile for another three years in a couple of weeks' time!

Here is a sneak peek of the fun we had.

Tim and Sally, yes, it was exhausting but fun, and from what you see here, I hope you think it was worth it!











5 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the brothers together and sisters together shots. Teddy having some quiet time soaking up the sunshine... makes me laugh. Thanks so much, you legendary photographer you. Much love from all the Swans and Cygnets. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pleasure, Swans! I love those ones too, and I also really like the two family shots here up the tree! that was one mammoth effort which was well worth it!

    And..... thanks SOOOOOOO much for NOT falling into the water from the tree! I'm eternally grateful for that!

    Love ya heaps,
    Clem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, falling out of a tree, headbutting a rock then drowning does tend to ruin a good photo!... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that would've been quite the worst case scenario that played in my head! I'm glad to hear your imagination going as wild as mine was!!!!! Phew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clementine... wow these photos are beautiful as are all the other family shots on your blog. What a gift you have!!!! :-) How much do you charge??!!

    ReplyDelete